27 August 2026

Peony Skin

 Hello,

I have a soft spot for neutral eyeshadows, the lighter/closer to my skintone the better. I know I have too many already but the hunt for the perfect palette continues... usually palettes don't have enough shimmers for me. I love shimmery shadows :)


It is Amuse Eye Color Palette in Peony Skin. This one appeal to me the most but also it was the only one available ;)


I love the neutral light shades with some shimmer and glitter, I never get really immersed with all matte shadows, there has to be some glimmer to peak my interest.
Most of these shades have slight peachy-rosy tone to them while one is cool toned taupe.


First shade is odd, it is called Pearl Beam and it is balm with shimmers. I did not expect balmy texture, I thought that this palette included powders only. 
Second Peony Angel is matte with random shimmer, there is sheer color and since it is paler than my skin it gives me that mood look.
Third is named Blush and it is more ivory than the first shade and matte. It is also sheer but with color payoff, it makes my skin a bit lighter but not too pigmented to look stark. This one and previous shade look very similar on my skin, the main difference is the shimmer.


Blooming is nude with a peach tone with very small shimmer, it is almost sateen finish. It gives my lids just a bit of gentle shade and a bit of glow.
In the middle is Peony Love. This one is special because of the mix of two shades. Honestly I just mix them together, tone is slightly deeper than the shade before.
Last in a row is white/peach toned shade with irregular particles named Jewel Glitter. It is very shiny and reflective.


I love that they included grey toned taupe and named it Pink Taupe. I am a sucker for this type of shades, this tone and intensity are just right for my lid to be defined in a cool way.
Next is Dazzling, warm toned sparkly shade. This one is smoother than Jewell Glitter, it gives more uniformed look and it is warmer in tone.
Adorable is the darkest shade and it adds some depth to the eyes and it leans warm. 


Overall they are light and lean warm but they are not orange or red toned which just isn't what I like. I prefer cool tones but this one is peachy and that works for me. Light and slightly peachy is great for me and the more I wear these shades the more I love them.


First creamy shade looks pretty but since it creases I like to put it on top of my lipstick and wear it on my lips. Next is Peony Angel, creamy white with shimmers and then very similar Blush shade which has no shimmer and is not as stark as a previous shade.
I think I could do without the cream shade Pearl Beam (I wish palette would have white/silver shimmery shade instead) but the other two shades in first line are lovely and I love them.


In the corner there is Blooming (light peach with shimmer) and then there is Peony Love. The only split pan in the palette and here it looks much darker than the previous shade but I use a lighter hand and it is not as dark. It has no shimmer and it is a nice matte to apply all over the lid.
Last in line is Jewel Glitter and here it has almost a mirror like glow. Here I applied it a lot, on my eyes I wear it more in a modest way, more individual glitter than a full layer of glow. I love that it isn't super warm toned.


Only true cool toned shade is Pink Taupe and in some light there is some rosy tones, it is not just your typical grey. It is matte but not dry looking. I love it as an all over the lid shade. Dazzling can be super reflective or if applied more with a dab it can look sparkly. Particles here are all even looking opposed to Jewell Glitter where particles are irregular. Last is Adorable which is the deepest and it almost looks creamy and not powdery dry at all.


I love how all the shades look together and how much I can do with them. I love barely there shadow look on myself and this palette satisfy me more than I thought it would. There are still fun shades thrown in the mix so I don't find this palette to be boring.
The only shade that I don't love is the creamy one, if it would be up to me I would swap it for something else. All the other shades are lovely and different from each other.
I am glad that I picked up this palette since I love the shades and they are very easy to work with. 




Thank you for reading and have a nice day 

No comments:

Post a Comment