06 April 2016

Old or the new one?

Hello,

a while ago I ordered another BB cream to test it side by side with my old one. You see, this one is one of my favorite, light, yellow toned with tons of coverage (no need for a concealer and trust me my skin does not look great) but the brand decided to revamp their already successful range. I bought the new version to compared it with the  old one and if you are interested about it...

Holika Holika Petit BB cream Essential & Bouncy

I'm talking about Holika Holika Petit BB cream. The first tube with a cute kitty is the old one and it is called Essential, revamped version looks kind of dull next to cute kitty, right? Also they decided to change the name into Bouncy and that made me think that they must change the formula as well.


Holika Holika Petit BB cream  Bouncy & Essential

Here the first swatch is made with the new Bouncy one and second is Essential. Maybe on the screen it is not so obvious that the new one is definitely darker, I feel like it could be appropriate for olive toned beauties, it is so dark. They kept the yellow tone and great coverage but the shade is so off.
In order to be able to wear it I will have to get white base to mix it in because I never get that dark not even in the summer.
For me that is really a bummer that they changed the color so much. Otherwise this BB cream is still great and among the cheapest around. For 30 ml tube you have to pay around 4,50$ which is dirty cheap considering that you get a full coverage BB cream with SPF30 and it is really moisturising.
I tried to find the original but they want double the price for it and to top it of it is sold out, you can still get the other ones from the line but Essential is sold out  :(
Well, I still have Clearing one to try, maybe that one will knock my socks off.


Thank you for reading and have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment