07 September 2016

Tawny Rose

Hello,

I felt the need to dig out some of my older lipsticks and play with them, lately they felt very neglected and since the new season is coming I decided to swatch some oldies.


This is Avon Ultra Color Indulgence lipstick in the shade Tawny Rose. if I'm not mistaken they came out last year and they stirred the waters. Everyone was raving about them but now they are forgoten which is a shame.


I picked three shades and this one is the most neutral out of the three and also my favorite. It looks like a beautiful nude with a pinky/rose undertone.


On the swatch it shows rosier and you can see the creamy finish they have. They replaced heavy wax with a moisturizing gel which makes them glossier but high coverage pigments makes sure the color output is strong.


On me this is a beautiful everyday pink shade (when looking at it, the color and finish remind me of the recently reviewed Avon shine burst lipstick in Rose but that one felt 'lighter' mostly in terms of pigmentation at least compared to this one).
I didn't felt the need to use the lip liner because they are highly pigmented and they also don't slip away (which is weird because of the shiny finish). They feel like balms on my lips with tons of color, for me definitely one of my favorite lines from Avon. Wear time is average, not long lasting but longer than average glossier lipsticks (this stayed on for way longer then the shine burst ones).

Now I'm kind of curious how this Tawny Rose shade compares to the Rose (shine burst lipstick), even if I will discovered some shade dupes I am definitely not getting rid of this beauty. Will I purchase more shades? Probably not, I'm looking at the brochure right now but most of the shades are brighter pinks or darker colors, nothing too appealing but who knows? Maybe I will cave in and buy something completely out of my comfort zone...



Thank you for reading and have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment