31 December 2021

Empties

 Hello,

I'm back with the last post for the year. Away with used up products and I'm ready to enter the new year with a new skincare routine and new scents.

Hopefully this new year will also bring some more peace and much needed rest for everyone.


First is this happy Avon senses wild Strawberry Dreams body wash. Happy because this scent was just lovely, Strawberries with cream, who doesn't like that? I would absolutely repurchase this one. The texture was a bit thicker, pudding like. I liked everything about it and it is already on my repurchase list.

This next product I just had to get because  I wanted to try all three products from this line. It is Neutrogena refreshingly clear daily exfoliator with pink grapefruit & vitamin C. It says that it is meant for daily use so expect thick gel with sparse but still somewhat big and abrasive particles. I almost forgot how mechanical scrub feels and I really have to say that I prefer more gentle version of enzyme or chemical ones. They don't feel like much but the next day the skin is baby soft. With this one my face turned a bit red, I have extra sensitive skin and in retrospect I didn't use it daily nor rub too vigorously. I'm glad that I'm done with it and I learned a lesson to not buy mechanical peelings any more (I did found one from Biore in my cabinet so I guess I will have to get through another one and then I'm really done with them).

Avon Planet spa Treasures of the Desert body butter with Moroccan argan oil was amazing. Scent wise it was creamy and comforting, perfect to apply before heading to bed. My skin liked the formula as well since it didn't get dry or itchy. It was great and I am sad to see it gone but I'm adding it to my list to repurchase it in the near future.

Avon Quantium for him fragrance was something I would wear for work a few years ago. Now I rediscovered it and instead of wearing it myself I would spray my apartment and it made it smell very warm and cozy. Quite perfect for cold weather on my day off when I could read all day and drink hot tea :)




I'm still a bit sad that Essence discontinued these shine, shine, shine lip glosses. My shade is Happines in a bottle. It was brown toned color with no shimmer. The scent is slightly fruity and the formula is extra juicy and glossy but I started to get sick of this shade so I'm super happy to see this one being finished. While this one is gone, I still have five more bottles of different shades to go through.

Essence smoothie gloss in Sweet Peach variable was also a really lovely product and also already discontinued. They had a few different ones and this one was the most modest, shade wise. Light peach shade with true peach scent and the tube was super convenient to use on the go.

In the pot is my beloved Nivea lip butter. This is my last one (out of the four) that I had and I will miss it. It had great formula which kept my lips moisturized and nourished. I would use it at night (yes, it is tinted but I didn't care for that) and in the morning my lips were really nice. I don't know why they had to discontinue these, they were amazing.

Last are two Catrice Sheer Beautifying lip balms in Flirty Rose and Sheer you up. One a bit lighter while the other one more rose/brighter toned. The last one was my favorite among the two but still I would not repurchase them because they weren't moisturizing at all. After a couple of reapplications my lips were dry so I had to make sure I had a separate lip balm with me to properly treat my lips but at least the shades were nice :)


Thank you for reading and have an amazing new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment