16 December 2017

Empties

Hello,

this is going to be second to last empties post in this ending year. Do you feel nostalgic already or are you one of those people who can't wait till next year?
If I'm honest I'm a bit scared because big decisions and steps are ahead of me and change always manages to freak me out. I can only hope and pray that everything will end up well for me. To cheer myself up a bit I always start taking better care of my skin and hair which will be evident in my next posts.


First product is old Catrice Ultimate Shine Gel Colour Lipstick in the Don't fear the Sheer shade. This line of lippies was so very moisturizing and comfortable to wear, when they discontinued them in 2015 I bought a bunch of them, I kept most of them for myself (I have 4 more to go through) but I gave some to my mom and sister and they both loved them as well. If I could get my hands on more of them I definitely would, in fact all three of us would.

Next is Burt's Bees replenishing Pomegranate lip balm, it smells amazingly fruity but the texture was a bit too light for me. I prefer greasier balms that lasts on the lips, this one stayed on for about 15 minutes and then I had to reapply. By the end of the day my lips were dry and thirsty. It looks red but on the lips it was clear. They cost a little more (a little more than 4 €) and for me they are definitely not worth it, I had much better balms for less.


Don't fear the Sheer lipstick, Blush lip shine and Soft Peach lip gloss

Another Burt's Bees product has been 'finished' in the shade Blush. It is evident from the photo that there is still a lot of product left and that is because it went bad. The scent is still very fruity and sweet but it has formed some kind of texture but if I rub my lips together they dissolve. I'm not sure what it is but since I know that it is a bit older I'm tossing it. It was sheer but so very glossy, very 'my' kind of gloss but again not worth the price tag. On the swatch photo it is the one in the middle.

The last lip product in this post is from Avon and it is one of their Ultra Glazewear Absolute gloss in the Soft Peach shade (last swatch). I absolutely adore this line of moisturizing glosses (so sad that they are gone) and the peachy shade was lovely but my favorite remains the Renewing Rose which is muted mauve color.

This is my second Lush fresh face mask (I used up two pots of Cosmetic Catastrophe which I adore) and this time I opted for a different kind called Cosmetic Warrior. It is meant for oily, acne prone skin which I have. It has a lot of garlic and tea tree oil in it and the scent can be a little much sometimes. It felt like a gentle clay mask but I haven't noticed any results. The other mask C.W. actually did something for my skin so next time I will rather pick that one out.

I was pampering my hair a lot and I don't want to brag but my hair haven't look better. I have to thank this oil a lot, it is Avon Advance Technique Smooth as Silk hair oil that makes my hair instantly less frizzy, more smooth, sleek and less dry. One pump is enough to nourish my almost waist length hair. I have tried two more oils from Avon's AT line and this one is my favorite. I already bought myself a backup.

The last item is Afrodita's Cosmetics Hydra Thermal Hyaluronic acid hydra active concentrate which feels almost like a gel and it absorbs really fast into the skin. I figured that if I used it a couple of days in a row it broke me out so I used it sparingly on my face but I slather it on my neck and chest area (not so sensitive and it gave my skin some moisturizing boost). I won't be repurchasing it again but I do have some other Hyaluronic acid serums that I need to go through and I will see how my skin will react to those.




Thank you for reading and have a nice day


No comments:

Post a Comment