31 October 2017

Empties

Hello,

this time I feel like my empties post is really big. In total there are 12 products and I have to contain myself otherwise I could write a novel about them.


So first it is Alverde hand cream with Mango and Mandarin scent (it was part of a Summer set which contained besides this cream also a body wash and a lotion packed in a see through cup which you can reuse to keep your drinks). The scent on this cream was great, very fruity and the formula absorbed quickly but I don't think it was the best moisturizer for my dry hands and I won't repurchase it again, if there is still some of the sets left.

Avon used to make these Foot Works all in one pedicure which were awesome (this is my second used up tube and I have one more backup left). Basically it is a light lotion with tons of scrubbing particles. I recommend using it in the shower in the morning when your feet are still clean and dry, you massage it in until the cream is completely absorbed and then just rinse off the particles. My feet always looked so nice and were really soft, I especially loved it in the Summer because the excess of the cream was washed off so my feet weren't sliding in my open toed shoes. They don't make it anymore but the last time I saw a tube that could contain something similar.

Next is another Avon Foot Works product but this one is the Papaya scented scrub. I don't use these on my feet because I can barely feel them but I rather use them on my face. The scent is very pleasant and there is tons of particles that actually do something, I just have to be careful not to rub too vigorously. I always buy these when the scents gets on sale so I get them for even cheaper but I would gladly repurchase this scent if it would still be available.

Avon X-series Recharged body deodorant spray. Well, the name is confusing isn't it? Is it a body spray? A lighter version of a perfume or it will mask my body odor if I use it on my armpits? I liked the perfume (which I still have even though it is a male scent) but something about this heavy masculine scent mixed in with my sweat just didn't do it for me. I have learned my lesson, never buy perfume inspired deodorants because it will make you hate the scent. I still have another one to go through and after that I'm done with heavily fragranced deodorants or antiperspirants.

Le Couvent des Minimes smile lip balm in the mint scent is stationed right in the middle. I purchased it because my sister loves the Pear scent (now they changed them and Mint is no longer available also now they have the Pear & Apple scent). That in front of it is a paper sticker which gets a bit messy if you wash your products from time to time or just hold them in the heat with sweaty hands. I liked the cooling minty sensation but I wish it would be stronger (I'm a big big mint lip product fan). Otherwise the product itself was clear and glossy but not exceptionally moisturizing so I will save 12€ or however it costs and rather spent it on better lip care products.

Next is Alkmene tea tree face wash. I don't mind the tea tree scent but this one got a bit weirder when I started approaching the end of the bottle so I make sure I used it up as fast as possible. I had the same packaging issue as I had with the Alp Stories face wash. The product is too liquid for this pump. The pump makes it convenient right? But if you don't hold the bottle in one hand and tilt it to an 45 degree angle the product will spill down the packaging and best of luck to you to scrape it off. I know that isn't that big of a deal but I'm lazy and if a packaging is promising me convenience I expect it to work that way. Other than that I don't have anything bad to say about the product itself. I pretty much always remove majority of my make up with a baby wipe so the face wash that I use afterwards just have to make sure every last bit of make-up is gone. On some lazy days I used it on a face full of make-up and it didn't completely removed my foundation or mascara but that is also not what I'm looking for in a face wash but if you do than this is not for you. I rubbed it all over my eyes and it didn't irritate them, I could even open them up and nothing happened so you have to give it some props for that. My skin felt fresh after using it but not tight, it removed all of my oils but it didn't gave me that unpleasant squeaky clean feeling. I have some others to go through but this could find its way back into my routine.

I'm testing some 'new' dry shampoos and recently I found this guy in my drugstore and two different scents lured me into purchasing these two colorful bottles (the other one is Tropical fragrance and I haven't tried it jet). Colab Unicorn fragrance dry shampoo smells very heavy at first, it remind me of a luxury products that are used in hair saloons. After a couple of minutes the scant settles but I can smell it all day long as I move my hair around and I like that a lot. I don't care that much about the packaging but I wish it would be a bit cheaper (it is more expensive that the Batiste) but I repurchased this scent just last week so I guess it is worth it.

I went through another body moisturizer and this time it is Avon naturals Green Apple Blossom body lotion which isn't available anymore. I think it is a couple of years old and I have that tendency to buy nicely scented stuff and then just leave them sitting in my closet or shelves because they seem too precious to use. The naturals lotions are nicely scented but not very moisturizing if you have dry skin, I just buy them because of the scents and this one was very light, barely there. Maybe that is because I kept it for too long or maybe it was just meant to be light. But in all fairness it did smelled just like the fresh green apples in the Autumn. I have decided to pull the breaks on buying lotions for now and try to use as much as possible because the one and only The Body Shop is coming to Slovenia. At first there will only be an online store but I don't care. I cheek their official page every day to see if the store is already opened and when it will I know I will place an order and buy some body butters that they are so famous for.

The last tube is my favorite Neutrogena oil free face cream. I can't remember if this is my third or second used up tube. It is very lightweight but moisturizing at the same time, great for under the make-up and it didn't cause me any irritations so when I was in the store and I couldn't find it I freaked out a bit. I did bought another tube that looks similar and I hope that they just changed the packaging and didn't touch the formula.

I have used up another pot of the Essence matt translucent face powder. I love this compact, it doesn't keep my face matte all day long but I can apply it on top of my make-up and it doesn't look cakey which is the case with most of other powders that I have tried. I already repurchased it and the 'new' one is already showing some pan.

Second to last is Avon kohl eye pencil in Bronze about which I talked here. I was very disappointed with how hard it was and I'm surprised at how long I kept it. I bought it sometime in May last year, I used it a couple of times, reviewed it and then I have never touched it again. Now I started to clean my make-up storage and I knew it was time for this fella to meet the Mr. Bin.

The very last item is a good one. I felt like it would be nice to finish on a positive note. I know I already used one of these pots before so I was excited to use this one again. It is Avon Anew Hydro advance moisture gel cream, very light and fast absorbing. It made my skin soft and nourished, sometimes I used it under my make-up but I rather used it at night with a drop or two of oil on top. I think it paired really well with oils and I already miss it. I found it in the brochure but I still have a couple of creams to go through but as soon as they are gone I'm getting myself another pot of this goodness.




Thank you for reading and have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment