31 March 2019

Empties

Hello,

it is time for the empties.
I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm not buying cosmetics and I'm just using what I already own and I went through quite a lot of products this month, in particularly in the second half of the month.


First is Avon Advance Technique heat protecting hair spray. Don't ask me if it works because I didn't notice the difference, it seems like a good idea to use it every time I blow dry my hair after a wash which is every third day. At the moment I don't have the alternative but I will think if this is something my hair needs, I guess I will see if my hair will get drastically drier and more damaged in the following weeks.

Next bottle is Krasna massage body oil with lavender. I used it as a body moisturizer after a shower and at the end I kept it at my sink. Every time I would wash my hands and before patting them dry I put a bit of this oil on my hands, massage it a bit and rinse the excess, that way I used it a bit faster and also protected my sensitive hands. I love doing that and at the moment I have a lot of oils to go through but lavender oil is definitely on my list. I will try to find cheaper versions of it the next time or at least get it on sale.

In the little red pot on top is Avon anew reversalist eye cream. I guess it was okay. The cream was lightweight so nice under my make-up but I got the feeling like it didn't do much. I just want it to be a bit more nourishing but at least it wasn't too greasy. This is a dual product since there is a highlighter 'hidden' in the cap. It was really hard to capture on the photo but it looks like a white cream but when you spread it on the skin it has pink/peach radiance to it. It actually looked really nice and you are supposed to put it under the eyes, unfortunately my eyes started to water and so I couldn't use it.


Big green pot is this lotion that my sister brought back from a vacation and I only guess that is the name: Tabaibaloe aloe face and body cream. It was lightweight but since I always associate aloe with clear gel I was surprised that it was slightly green looking lotion. The scent was very gummy bear -like and at first I liked it but after sometime (this pot is huge) I got over it and I'm super happy that I have finished it.

The very last item on the photo is the biggest disappointment. I got a little sample of this oil and when I tried it for the first time I could really feel the difference in my skin. The next morning my skin was softer and smoother so I was waiting for the perfect sale to get this expensive oil (almost a year later I have actually bought it). Caudalie Vine(active) overnight detox oil promised a lot but it didn't deliver it for me. I don't know if I got the old one or the sample gave me the placebo effect... I will never know but what I do know is that when I used the oil from this bottle my skin in the morning didn't look different. In fact if I used it consistently in the cold winter my skin got dry, I'm not saying that it dryed it out but I'm implying that it is not moisturizing enough so I had to use some other oils. Also the softness of my skin didn't improve. All in all I think this was a waste of my money but in the future you will see another face oil from Caudalie because I was foolish enough to buy two (the other one is from the 'red' line).



I only took a photo of the front  of this mascara but trust me it is the Avon superextend lengthening mascara in waterproof black. I don't remember why I got it in the waterproof version but this is one of my favorite mascaras and I already forgot how many tubes of this lash magnifier I went through. It has a plastic/rubber wand with tons of little spikes that comb and individualize the lashes, it also contains little fibers that adds to the length (it looks very natural only when the formula starts to dry out, after a couple of months these fibers starts to fall off the lashes, it is very minimal but a clear sight to replace the mascara). With a quick comb through it can look very natural but if you build it up it can look very dramatic and I like that.

Next is one of my favorite lipstick formulas: Catrice ultimate shine gel color in Red or Bad. Too bad that they don't make these anymore (Power plumping gel lipsticks looks like a revamped versions, really interesting and I already have my eye on two of the sades). This one was red but quite sheer and glossy, it did leave the stain so it was buildable and I could make it really bold if I wanted to but on most days I just wore it casually like a tinted lip balm. I still have two more shades to go through but when they will be gone I'm trying the new plumping ones...



The very last item is another discontinued one but with this one I don't mind it since it wasn't my favorite. Essence color correcting mattifying powder had different pastel tones in it but essentially was just white/translucent. It set my make up nicely when my skin was on the drier side but I had a feeling that if I would use it in the hot Summer it couldn't do much for my oily face so I'm super happy that I finished it up.


That is all for this month, I had a nice array of lovely and some not so good products but the most important part is that I'm sticking with my low buy and discover hidden gems that are already in my posession.



Thank you for reading and have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment