29 September 2024

Click lip balms

 Hello,

today I have two on first glance very similar items - lip balms but they perform different. 

Top one is NYX fat oil stick slick in the shade Thriving which is a cool toned pink and very bright. Next is  Catrice melt & shine juicy lip balm in Shell Yeah! color. It is a soft red but barely visible on the lips.


They are both click pens and only a little product is needed to cover the lips with high shine. NYX comes with 2g of product and Catrice is only 1,3g.


Hight shine is visible on both swatches and also the color intensity is vastly noticeable here. Catrice one is very nice on the lips but after 20min disappears while the NYX stays for longer and even after the shine is gone the pigment remains. What was surprising is how evenly it applied. There were no skipping in pigment or patchy lips, even reapplying is possible and it can still look very fresh. All in all I would vote for NYX but this particular shade did not suit me so I passed it to my mom. I am thinking of getting just the sheer one or maybe baby pink... 
With the Catrice line I like the gloss and I already purchased another shade which is also pretty sheer but it has some shimmer. I can't wait to try it out.
I am really liking this high gloss/shine trend and I hope it will stick around for some time for the brands to come up with even more interesting formulas and nice shades for me to pick up.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day


No comments:

Post a Comment